Thursday, July 27, 2017

Funk

Some days, stuff gets to me.
Yesterday I was feeling heart ache for the loss of a dear feline friend Out West.  My friends and their pets are important to me.  Knowing my friends are grieving makes me so sad.  
Our pets are...well, if you have one, you know. 

Some flowers from my yard to brighten the mood.
Friend Nina dug these phlox up out of her yard 2 years ago.
Last year the deer ate the buds, this year, it's very showy.

I planted several packages of white morning glories.
These are beautiful, but I was hoping for at least one white one.

The hops vines are growing little cones now.
The vines always yellow and dry out this time of year, but it looks like it will be a plentiful cone year.
Barley is on day 7 of her antibiotics, 7 more to go.
She's not very happy with me, but we are getting through it.
There are some issues with peeing outside box but I think (and hope) that's all part of the deal.
She seems to be snubbing the wet food most of the time, 
but maybe those drugs don't do much for her appetite.
She's not hiding under the bed all day anymore, so that's an improvement.

Yesterday I had another water leak, this one was in the utility closet on the outlet from water heater.  By the time I found it, everything back there was soaking wet.
Lucky, my pal Ryan the plumber, was able to come by after work last night and by 7pm, I was in the shower which helped adjust my sour attitude.
I suppose eventually we will have replaced every metal fitting in the entire house, but it is surely tedious and upsetting to have these continual problems.
Some days, I wish I was renting, but then I take a stroll around my yard and I feel better.

Feel better friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails