Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Greenhouse trip

Monday was our annual greenhouse trip with the Cameron Senior Citizens.  I was driving separate to have room for plants purchased.  The weather was not very nice, cloudy and cool, not ideal.
My friend Carol was the bus hostess and let me know that their time at the Winter Greenhouse was cut short because of the weather, so I was on my own for the rest of the day.
So, I stopped at a greenhouse in Ladysmith, WI called Colonial Nursery.  I had heard good things about this greenhouse from friends. 
They had amazing annuals.
I didn't see all their perennials as it was a short visit.
I did buy a Chippewa Blueberry bush that I hope will grow well in my yard.

Maybe we will take the seniors to this nursery sometime and spend a little time in Ladysmith.
From here I headed towards Winter.
I saw 5 eagles along the way and this guy gave me a chance to drive on 1/2 mile, turn around, come back and find a driveway to ditch the car and then I walked 100 yards to his location.
He was sitting in a Poplar tree, and gave the occasional call to a juvenile that I saw nearby, but he continued to sit for me.
I'm pleased with these shots.






My next stop was the Winter Greenhouse in Winter, WI.
It was really cold there, but I managed to scoop up a few items.
I'm going to try a white bleeding heart in my yard, I added Cosmos to the septic vent flower beds, more flox for the ditch and a few more poppies to add to my other poppies in hopes of a major poppy bed some year and I picked up a beautiful hosta for the cemetery that I plan to plant near Grandma & Grandpa Johansen's head stone.
It wasn't a day for sitting or walking in the gardens at Winter, 
too bad because this is just gorgeous.


From Winter, I headed to Hayward.  I wanted to go to the Mercantile Kitchen Store there.
I picked up some flavored balsamic vinegars and had a visit with this beautiful dog.
As soon as I walked in the door he came over to me and when I started to pet him, he leaned up against me the way dogs do.  
His name is Wusthof, as in
 Wusthof Cutlery  -“Serious Cutlery for Serious Cooks!”
He's a heart throb.
His Dad left and Wusthof was sad but then he came over to me for a little petting.
I also visited the Ben Franklin in Hayward, which is a well disguised fabric store.
I picked up some flannel for a new project I'm going to try.

Back home, I planted all my purchases and it rained overnight.
Perfect timing.
Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails