Friday, June 24, 2016

Hopping

I'm so glad that I planted hops a few years ago.
My most mature planting by the front door is very healthy and huge this year, 
it's even trying to get into the house now.
Third year hops, taking over.
About 4 years ago, I had some 12 foot pine trees planted, one didn't make it through the 2nd winter.
Everyone thought I should cut it down, as it was an eyesore, but I waited a whole year.  
Then, I saw a neighbor had a couple of dead trees and she had planted vines near them and what a great natural trellis they made.
So, in the end, I trimmed off the dead branches fairly close to the trunk and planted hops last year.
Three hops plants and they are starting to do quite well.
I don't give them as much attention as the front door hops, but looks like these vines have almost reached the top of the dead tree trellis.
Next year it will look even better.


I'm loving the hops tree.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails