Sunday, August 10, 2014

My thumb is turning a little green

I find that I am having a little more success with my plants this year.  I think Mother Nature has given me a boost with all the rain, but maybe a little of the credit is mine as well.
I got some little rose plants this spring, in my quest for the right thing to grow in the little flower beds around the sewer vents.  They haven't done much until lately, so maybe they are settling in.
White rose in backyard
Last year I planted a bunch of perennials in a little spot on the corner of the yard.  I wasn't really sure what was there, other than Forget Me Not, and those have come and gone for the year.
This week I saw the 'bad hair day' plants are blooming.
I love bee balm, and so do the bees, and butterflies.
I have been most excited about the success with my hops plants.
I planted two Ornamental Nugget variety plants.  They have done great in the sunny spot I planted them.  They grew to the top of the twine I gave them to climb on, and now they are working on making cones.  The cones are smaller than the normal varieties but still, they are hops cones.
I'm excited to be a hop grower.
Nugget variety - ornamental
Yep, I think my thumb is turning a little green.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails