Friday, January 24, 2014

Piano Heaven

Friends Pete & Carol and I had a fun evening last night.  A local tavern was hosting Midwest Dueling Pianos.  A two piano show where the audience can request almost any song under the sun, the the piano players will play and sing and entertain.  It's a small bar, but it has as stage, just big enough for two electric baby grand pianos.  The dance floor was filled with tables and chairs and about 50 customers.

The show started with the younger of the two piano guys playing a jazz / blues number and then it really took off from there.  
These guys really play.  
I kept thinking about what they do on the piano compared to what I do on the piano, and it is two completely different things!
Midwest Dueling Pianos
The show started at 7pm and we left just after 9pm, but it was far from over.  
If I hadn't been riding with P & C, I would have stayed until closing.
One of the most entertaining evenings I have had in a long time.
I loved all the rock and roll.  The level of talent on the keys that these guys have is amazing.
I was in piano heaven for a couple of hours.
I'll be watching for these guys to make another appearance around the North-woods.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails