Sunday, January 5, 2014

Freezer time

The historic cold front is on the way and today we barely saw zero.
Most of the schools in the area announced Monday's closure yesterday, including the entire state of Minnesota.  Libraries, and non emergent city office are all closed.  I plan to stay home safe and warm, and hope that many others do the same.

Today, I spent the day watching football and I also whipped up a batch of treats for the birds with some lard, peanut butter, and dried fruit.  Hopefully that will help some of my feather and furry friends survive this bad streak of below zero temperatures.
Downy woodpecker, queuing up for the suet sack

House sparrow

When you look at these little birds head on, they look kind of crabby...maybe it is the weather.

One of my favorites, Junco, but hard to catch the gleam in the eye on these little dark birds.

Resting I guess. this red breasted nuthatch looks like he is kind of mad.

One of my favorite birds, red breasted woodpecker

Finally, so squirrels have arrived to help eat the seeds and suet.
Life is good!
Now, if the Packers would get in gear, Life would be better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails