Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Who knew that they loved cherry tomatoes!

I was sitting in my living room on Tuesday afternoon, playing bridge on my iPad when I thought I saw something in the front yard.  
I quickly got to the window in time to see a buck walking across the road and up my driveway.
Of course, I grabbed my camera and ran for the front door to get outside.  When I opened the front door, I saw that there were two bucks standing in my driveway.  They got nervous when I opened the door and ran around the back of the garage.  I waited and sure enough they came around into the back yard.
I had plunked three cherry tomato pots out along the edge the yard and the plants were still alive but the tomatoes were small and the skin tough so I was done with them.  
I guess the deer like them just fine as they headed right over and took a few bites.
Nice pose and fall background.

A little blurry but you get the idea, nice rack.

So long tomatoes, nice deer snax.

Pretty boy

They started to tangle horns over who got to eat the tomatoes.

The horn tangle didn't last too long, then they browsed around the yard.
I hope I see them again, I'll be moving the trail cam so that I have a better chance of catching them if they come back for snacks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails