Sunday, October 13, 2013

The leaves are changing and falling fast

The last week has really been the peak colors in my yard for this fall.  I took a few photos from the street and was surprised how bright and beautiful these maples are right now.
East edge of my yard, morning sun...it's a beauty!
The backyard is looking pretty, but the leaves are going fast.
Last week I worked two days at the music store / ice cream parlor where I take my piano lessons.  My teacher and her husband were going out of town and we traded some time spent in as the shop-girl for some piano lessons.  It's a pretty setting just West of Rice Lake, at their farm.
Next year, I think there will be apples on those little trees.
Little dogs who live at the orchard farm.
These little Bichon dogs live at the farm and they were good company, although I did have a sex education experience at age 60.  I had never seen two dogs stuck together before.  Kind of embarrassing but I guess it's just a natural thing.

On Friday, I headed North to spend one night at the Sandcastle.
I wanted to bring a few things up and get organized for some work I'm planning to do up there next weekend.  Kris and Lora & Anders had planned to be there all weekend, but Anders was feeling puny so it was just Kris and crazy dog Greta.
Kris and Greta spent part of the day hunting while I lounged, read and cleaned out a cabinet.
When they got back, Kris made some firewood and Greta took over the lounging.
Hunting birds is hard work for a dog.

It was amazing watching Kris swing this ax with such accuracy.
My expertise is more along the lines of stacking the results of his labor.
It has been just 5 months since the big fire near our cabin.  The trees that Kris cut with the chainsaw were fire scarred yet the brush around those trees is thick and colorful.
One of the big trees at the intersection of Sand Road and Connors Meadows almost looks like a Halloween decoration next to the colorful scrub around it.
Mother nature is pretty amazing for sure!
As I was leaving Gordon, I pulled over into a parking lot at a building that I have always wondered if it is really an operating garage business.  I just wanted to set up my book on tape, but I had to laugh when I looked at the window of the business.  And since my camera was handy, I thought, why not share.
It's a classic.
The drive home was really nice.
A bit cloudy, but the colors are pretty awesome along the way.
Nice going Mother Nature, another good show.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails