Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A new chapter in photos

About 4 years ago, I invested in a DSLR camera.  I bought a Pentax without much research, my decision based on my good experience with a point a shoot digital Pentax that I owned until some thief broke into my car and made off with it.  But that is another story.  Another story might be that most serious photographers are using Canon or Nikon cameras, but I'm not all that serious.  So, for 4 years I've been taking photos of birds and flowers and animals and a few people with my camera.
Last week, I had been using it to take pictures over at the old barn in Luck and when I put it back in the camera bag, I neglected to zip the zipper.  You can guess what happened next.  The folks and I got back to Rice Lake from Luck, I was busy unloading Dad & Ev and our treasures, grabbed my camera bag and the camera flew out and landed lens down on the pavement.  
Clearly this camera was not designed for that kind of treatment.  

Today a new camera body arrived.  The old will go to the Pentax ICU and see if can be readjusted so that it will focus again.  My new Pentax K50, has more pixels, lots more features and even includes video capability.  The truth is, I had been saving for a new camera anyway, as I had experienced a few problems with the old one eating batteries.  But I had not decided if I would upgrade to the Canon group.  Since this happened quickly and I have not saved for new lenses, it was an easy decision to just upgrade the camera body, sticking with the Pentax brand.

I've only read the first couple of pages of the manual, but I have taken a few fall photos to share with you.

This cherry tomato plant is blooming again,
fresh tomatoes for Thanksgiving?

The cosmos continue to splash some pink around

I love these Dahlia and think I'll be planting them again next year.

The big maple tree by my driveway is catching its fall fire color.

Looking out to the backyard, fall is here.

Most years we have an infestation of asian beetles once the farmers start harvesting the soybeans...they'rrrrre here!

My neighbor has some nice color in his yard for me to view.

My sunflowers were really busy with bugs and bees today.

Those bees do not look like they should be able to fly.
I happy with the results so far and hope I can learn to use some of the features that this camera has, but that will take time and study, but one thing I have is time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails