Wednesday, October 23, 2013

And the plumber, again

For the third time in less than a year, I have had to have a plumber come to fix water lines in the crawl space.  I was lucky enough to get the name of a local young plumber from my nephew in law.  Chad has turned out to be a life saver 3 times now!  For some reason, the brass fittings on my pex (composite) water lines have been disintegrating.  I only discover the problems by hearing odd noises from under the bathroom or kitchen floor, it sounds like a roar of sorts.  Yesterday morning was the third time I had heard this noise.  It took me awhile to figure it out, I thought I was hearing the furnace, not too used to that sound yet this fall, and finally diagnosed that it was another leak.  Chad was able to come over this afternoon and fixed it & one other in about 2 hours.  For some reason, the fittings that go from 1/2 to 1/4 inch lines are just breaking in two.  There is no good way to know how many of these fittings are under the house, I am hoping that this is the last.  Either way, I'm going to hire Chad to come over next summer and replace all the brass fittings under the house with the non reactive plastic ones.
And before you ask, this plumber did not have a crack problem.
By the way, from now on, based on the advice of my plumber Chad, if I'm going to be away from the house overnight, I'm going to turn off the pump for the well.
Sometimes a little prevention goes a long way.
Last of the cosmos

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails