Monday, October 21, 2013

Cranes at Crex

My friend Kathy is out in the Crex Meadows area almost everyday.  I have come to think of that area as her personal refuge so when I arrived on Saturday afternoon to see if I could watch the cranes come in for the night, I was pretty surprised to see how many other people had the very same idea.
Funny how I felt like they were trespassing.
The sounds these cranes make as they fly over is pretty amazing.

The sun hitting the birds as they fly in.

There were big groups of cranes and big flocks of geese.

Perfect form.


These two were settling in for the night I suppose.

Some scenery, while the colors are dulling towards winter, it is still a pretty time of year.

The sunset was worth the drive.

It was a blinding and beautiful setting of the sun for sure.

These swans were busy preening.

A gnarly old tree that is home to some kind of critter.
Kathy said that she saw thousands of cranes the very next night after the weather changed and there was a little snow in the air.  I'm happy I got there to see as many as I did.
Mother Nature is amazing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails