Sunday, October 20, 2013

A drive

Glenn and Andy & I had planned to have a work day at our cabin on Saturday, but since the weather report was for rain and maybe snow, we cancelled.  That left me with no plans for the weekend.  Saturday morning, the woman who was doing the long arm quilting of my pieced quilt top called to say she had finished the work.  So, then I hatched a plan to take a drive.
First stop was to pick up the quilt, and I am very pleased with the results.  Next weekend at the quilt retreat I will put the edging on and then take some final photos.
I had some drop offs to make in Luck and I knew that Kyle was at his cabin in The Barrens, so decided to head West as I had not seen his Lucky 7 Lodge.
Gage on the 4 wheeler

Cole was taking his cousins for a Rhino ride, Stella riding shotgun
Elliana, Milena and Ruby in the rumble seat
 Kyle and recruited a bunch of guys to help him try to dig a well.  They were using a sandpoint drill which requires a pipe with a point on the end to be driven down into the ground 20, 30 or 40+ feet deep to the water level.  We tried this at our Sandcastle cabin with no success, hopefully it will work this time.

It's quite a lot of work, some guys hang on the pipe to help push it into the dirt, one guy uses the pounder to continually hammer on the pipe.

Kyle on the hammer.

Lots of discussions about how to do it.  I kept my distance and took the pictures.



Elliana, Milena and Ruby on the back of the Rhino.
Fun in the woods.


The driveway into the Lucky 7 Lodge is a long and winding road.

Ruby took this photo of her cousins with my camera.
Elliana, Milena, Stella
Some snaps of the interior of the Lucky 7 Lodge.
The girls told me that the curtained off area is Grandpa Gus's spot.
Not too fancy but pretty great for a cabin.
A bunk room with lots of sleeping.
Kitchen and eating area.
Nice that it is a little separate from sleeping in case of card playing after some have gone to bed.
The exterior of the cabin (and the red sled)
It's quite a nice spot in the woods.
I took a snapshot of Kris and Greta as I was leaving.
It was not a sharp photo so I used this tool in Picasa to make a pencil sketch.
Now it is a nice old time looking picture.
Ruby got a new winter hat, very silly.
The weatherman didn't exactly get this forecast right, as Saturday was a perfect, crisp fall day.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails