Monday, October 14, 2013

More fall

I did a little stroll around the yard today.  It is kind of surprising how many of the flowers are making a real comeback in this cool weather.
These petunias looked dead 2 weeks ago, now they are staging a fall comeback.
The dahlias are loaded with flowers and buds.  I hope the frost is a long way off.

I'm always on the lookout for 'the perfect maple leaf'.   This one is in the running.
Steps to the garden are shaded by a very pretty maple tree.

The volunteer Cosmos are not even close to done blooming by the looks of these many buds.

For volunteers, these have been some very nice flowers this summer and fall.

A pot of annuals that I thought were done, are now full of blooms.
Obviously, my flowers are loving this nice fall weather.
I am hopeful that it continues for several more weeks.
Old Man Winter....keep napping buddy, we are not ready, not by a long shot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails