Sunday, July 14, 2013

The fawns are back

I've been wondering about the fawns and hoping that they are surviving.
This morning, I went out to grab the newspaper, but as it usually goes, got sidetracked watering tomatoes and flowers.  When I finished that, I turned to walk down the driveway, and there stood the 2 fawns.  By the looks of it, they had been standing there the whole time.

Good grief, too close to the highway.

Making me nervous.
I walked around on the road side of the two, and they meandered back into my yard, away from the road.

They were eating grass and the peas out of my garden and anything else in reach of their mouths.

They were thirsty



My bird bath is just the right height for a drink.

One is a bit bigger, we are thinking it is a buck and the smaller one a female

How cute they are
The smaller one is much to relaxed around me.  I walked up pretty close.
The bigger of the two is a little more nervous.
They are gone now, I hope that they will be safe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails