Saturday, July 20, 2013

A little summer music

This summer I have been working hard on my piano lessons.  I have all but mastered In The Mood and now have moved on to Piano Man by Billy Joel and I'm Beginning to See The Light by Duke Ellington.  Along with those two songs, I have my lesson and theory work to do.  
It's a journey.  
Some weeks I feel like I am learning to be a piano player and other weeks....not so much.
I love to go watch live music and see how the keyboard player manages keeping up with a band.  Music on the grass @ Lehman's Supper Club on Wednesday nights is a fun place to hear good tunes, grab a bite to eat and also enjoy an adult beverage.
This week the band didn't have a piano player, but the music and vocals were so great, even on a very hot and humid night, it was fun.
 The Shackshakers sing a fun variety of music, and these kids can really sing and play! 
I will be going to see them again without a doubt.
My friends, Pete and Carol, on the left and their neighbors, Mike and Sharon, on the right.
A little slow dance on a hot humid night.
See my back on the upper left (I added an X, that's not really on my shirt)
A fun evening, I did have to take a shower when I got home though.
I didn't get any keyboard inspiration on Wednesday evening, but I sure did get some perspiration!
Ha, I crack myself up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails