Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Delight

Part of the fun of this time of year is enjoying the flowers around the yard.  Some are in pots and others in the ground, but all are a delight.
This ant was checking out the view after a little rain shower.

Bee balm always reminds me of one of the muppets that always has bad hair.  I'm hoping this lone plant spreads by next summer at this time of year.

One of my yellow begonias.

A few cosmos came back as volunteer after I planted them last year.

Daisy that were planted this year seem healthy.
A daisy is always a fan favorite.

The day lily flowers continue to please me.

Some good luck with Impatien plants in a big pot this year will be an annual planting I think.

Another begonia, I am very attracted to these beauties.

The red day lily after the rain.

Daisy after the bath

And last but not least, the tomatoes are starting to be a nice size for slicing.
I feel like I have been busy doing not much that is noteworthy, such is the life of a retired brewery worker I guess.  I had a glimpse of one of the fawns last night during the night and hope that they are both survivors.  The new trail cam hasn't captured any critters yet.
We are all worried about my brother Gus right now as he has had a recent procedure to remove a cancerous tumor from his bladder.  Awaiting the pathology review to hear what the doctors suggest as next steps.  We are optimistic.
My week includes a day at the card table with friends each week playing bridge, as well as piano lesson and practice.  Life is mighty good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails