Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday Update on Valdemar

Today, We started talking to the nurses about Dad going home soon.  Unfortunately his INR test that measures the 'thinness' of his blood, is still not 'thin' enough.  So, we will continue care at the rehab for now.  Dad did lots of walking today. He also had both occupational therapy and physical therapy.  I have to say that Dad is a good student, when these health professionals give him instructions on how best to do certain tasks, he listens and does it.   In between therapy times Dad, Ev and I sat outside in the sunshine for about an hour. What a nice day it was!  Dad had supper in his room and Ev and I visited while he ate, then we took another walk.  If we can get it figured out that the VA pays for Dad's medications, we will move him back here.  I can't remember if I sent a note last night, but Glenn built a platform for my recliner so it is high enough for Dad to have easy in and out.  Also we installed another grab bar in the master bathroom to help there.  I think we are ready for Dad when he is ready for us.
Tomorrow we will start working on this VA deal again.
Have a good week everyone, lots of kids back to school again.


--
  ~
Wanda

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails