Friday, September 14, 2012

Home Sweet Home!


This morning I hung out with Dad at the hospital, he was acting like his old self and was feeling pretty good.  Then I had to come home to have a new couch delivered.  While I was taking care of that, Dr. McClelland called and said that Dad was ready to come home if I felt comfortable having him here.  Yay!
So, Ev and I went and got him at about 4pm, he was all packed and sitting waiting impatiently for us to arrive.

Once home, we had some figuring out to get his meds back on schedule, and include the new ones and he also has a nebulizer machine now.  So, after a trip to Walmart for prescriptions, we got started on that task.  This is not an easy deal and pretty confusing with the difficult & confusing names of pharmaceuticals.

Supper was left over barbque that I had made for the big Johansen gathering that didn't happen.  They were good.

Both Dad and Ev are pretty pooped out tonight, and I had to rearrange the furniture one more time, so I am tired as well.  Everyone should sleep good, I hope.

Glenn is coming tomorrow to install some grab bars in the shower in the master bathroom.  Gus and Lois are stopping in tomorrow afternoon.  I am spending the day in Hayward at a cooking class that I had signed up for over a month ago.

Monday we will have a visit from the Home Health Nurse.  She will get us signed up for a visit from the physical therapist to give Dad some ideas on how to work on his stamina and strength at home and also to make suggestions for accommodations we might make to help Dad around here.

But right now, I am going to sit on my new couch and drink a Coors Light.

We are taking appointments for visits too, so if you want to stop by, just let us know ahead of time.  We have some doctor's appointments so we need to keep a calendar.

Thanks for all the good wishes and emails and texts!  It all helped and now we are Home Sweet Home!

We will start talking about Iowa in a couple of weeks after we have some follow up visits with doctors.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails