Friday, May 8, 2009

Waumandee News

On Friday morning, I headed from Durand to Waumandee to see Betty. When I turned at Bremer's, I saw this announcement, I thought it quite clever. (Click on the picture to see larger version.)

The plan was to split some hostas in Betty's backyard and to have lunch with her, Dale & LeRoy (her brothers).

Before we did the work and before lunch, Betty and I took at look at the progress in Paul's house remodel. (Paul is Betty's son, Roche & LeAnna's brother for you non Waumandee readers.)

What a face lift the farm house is getting and I just loved the colors that Paul chose for paint, furniture and vinyl. Some work yet to be done, but getting closer.

After lunch at the Waumandee Cafe, I got to work separating the hostas and pulling out a few dandelions. When I was finished, I encouraged Betty to come and take a look and that was dumb. She tripped on the uneven grass and took a tumble, landing on her shoulder and cheek. Luckily, she doesn't seem to have any injuries from the fall, but getting her back on her feet was a bit of a challenge. Probably shook me up worse than Betty.

A few less weeds now and once the hostas spread their wings, this should be solid hostas.

The bleeding heart bush at Betty's is very pretty this year.

From Waumandee, I headed over near the river to LeRoy's house in Cochrane. He gave me a car load of perennial plants that he just wanted to get rid of. I have some work to do finding them homes in my yard, and will post some pictures when I get them situated.

Then it was time to head to Kaija's for a Tupperware party. On the way, I 'dropped in' on Sherri & Don at Catfish Corners. What a chunk of paradise they have. Sherri made sure I got the grand tour, 3 dozen fresh farm eggs and a cold Leinie's! Lora and Anders caught up with me there, so Anders got so see the chickens and he was pretty interested (and not a bit scared) of the horses.

Finally we headed to the Tupperware party and after that, I drove home to Rice Lake in the rain. I can truthfully say that I was really dragging by the time I hit my driveway here in RL, but it had been a really fun day. Action packed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails