Friday, May 1, 2009

Is that black dirt?

Yesterday Terry came over from Luck with a load of dirt from his farm. It's good black dirt that I hope will grow a big crop of tomatoes as well as a few other yummy vegetables. We loaded up the garden bed, the new large flower pots and I still have a little pile left over. I'm planning to add 2 more of the large pots to the edge of the driveway to use up the remainder. Now we just need warm weather so I can start to plant.

I also got busy and cut down the 2 evergreen bushes that were on the side of the house. I've never been a fan of those bushes and these had some disease as well. So, goodbye to those. In their place I put 3 very large pots that I plan to use for some container gardening. A big improvement to the look, at least I think so.

It looks like the weather will be pretty good for the weekend, but temps in the 30's overnight, so no planting yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails