Sunday, May 3, 2009

New kids on the block

This morning I have a new bird in the yard. Actually, there are 2 new kids here. After much studying of my bird books and finally with the help of the Internet, I believe it to be a Wood Thrush. I watched them foraging around under the little pine trees and out in the yard off and on all morning.

Laila made a comment the other day that I am living at the bird sanctuary, on mornings like this, I have to agree. Life is Good!

If you look at these pictures and disagree with my identification, let me know. For now I am assuming I am right. I keep a check list of the birds I see in the yard, and it is fun to add a new column.

6PM: Another bird book leads me to believe this is a Brown Thrasher. I've sent an email to my Wildlife Biologist nephew to get his opinion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails