Monday, August 31, 2020

172 Days, 24.5 weeks, Safer at Home

 The day started out cold and raining.  It was so cold in the house I fired up the gas fireplace for a couple of hours and turned on the tea pot too.  I had a cup of bay leaf tea, I'll get back to that now.

One thing about the way I grocery shop now, my menu has become quite boring.  I decided to try one of these services that ship you the ingredients to make meals.  A friend was using Hello Fresh, sent me a coupon, and I signed up.  My first 3 meals came on Friday.  I had worried about the packaging waste, but so far, almost everything is recyclable.  And, there is no food waste at all.  The ingredients sent are exactly what is needed to make a meal of 2 serving sizes.

My first menu item was Salsa Verde Enchiladas made with black beans.  Very tasty and plenty for 3 servings, and I think it would have frozen okay as well.

Today I made Salmon Limone on Couscous.  It was delicious.  I think it took me about 20 minutes to whip up.  So flavorful and a nice sized portion for tomorrow as well.  I took a photo of the menu card & my plate, can you tell which is which 🤣🤣🤣



I was impressed with this meal.
Next up is Apricot, Almond and Chickpea Tagine.
🍳🥠🍚

Today was my meeting of the Library Board of Directors, before I went I sewed up 7 masks to give to the librarian for her own use, her staff or others.  She is a musician and she loved the musical notes.

Great niece Stella turns 14 today and starts school as a Freshman tomorrow.
Ruby and Stella 2011

Peace ☮


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails