Monday, August 17, 2020

158 days of Safer At Home

 Tonight I am watching Day 1 of the 2020 Democratic National Convention.  It is all being done remotely and I'm not so sure that this isn't a better way.  I know I am watching much more of the program than I would have if I was seeing coverage of the convention center stage, this feels more personal.

I'm ready to vote, can't wait to get my absentee ballot.

✅✅✅

I sewed on a project today that is a gift for a friend.  I learned a valuable lesson about always using quality fabric.  I picked up a couple of stacks of fat quarters at Aldi last fall and thought I would use it to make a table topper.  The fabric was cheap and the quality is quite poor, but I'm into it now with quite a bit of work, so I will finish it, and probably send it.  

Just a few more seams to sew and then a backing, some quilting & a binding.  

I should finish it tomorrow.


I sewed up a handful of masks today too.  A friend who is a librarian at the elementary school told me that every time she uses her sewing machine that it is a big fight, I hope I got these sewed in time that she can skip the big fight.  There is enough stress in her life having to go back to school in a week or so.
😽😽

Got a cute shot of the girls today, my quarantine buddies for 158 days of Safer at Home.

Be safe.

☮☮☮☮☮

Peace.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails