Saturday, August 1, 2020

142 days and now Frost Bite

142nd day of Safer at Home and I have frostbite.

On Wednesday afternoon when I played bridge, I put an ice pack on my knee, which is something I do most times while I play bridge.  But somehow, the cloth that was supposed to separate the ice bag from my skin, got wet or moved, or something, and I ended up with Frost Bite.  
Yep, in the dead of summer.  The ice bag I use is a homemade part rubbing alcohol, part water, so it freezes in a kind of slush that is nice for molding right around the area needing ice.  Well, once the skin was cold from the ice, I had no idea I was causing an injury.  So, now a spot the side of an orange is deep red, feels like leather and is blistering like crazy.  It is truly frostbite.  Now, I will have to be very careful about keeping it clean and covered as to not end up with some kind of wicked wound. 
 It's not painful, just ugly and worrisome.



Great Nephew Gage and his little brothers were in the newspaper this week.  A photo taken at his graduation.

August is here, time to start wondering what is next for our kids.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails