Tuesday, August 11, 2020

152 days of Safer At Home, Historic

 Yes, it is day that I will always remember, but, for a change, nothing to do with the pandemic.

A bi-racial woman has been chosen as the Vice Presidential candidate for the Democratic party of the United States.   Kamala (said Comma la) Harris was chosen by Joe Biden to be his running mate.  

I can't wait to vote.

I didn't anticipate how emotional I would be when I heard this news.  We knew for weeks that Biden would chose a female, and Harris was a front runner for sure, but once the news was made official, I had tears in my eyes more than once as I listened to the news coverage.

I had donated a little money to the Biden campaign to be one of the first to get the news.  

This history making text message was received at about 4:30 pm today.

Now, we need to encourage everyone to vote and have a fair and robust election in November.

⭐⭐⭐

In other very exciting news, my lawn mower Jim, showed up this morning with his chain saw and cut up the two logs in the backyard that had been laying there for 3 years.  When I had the trees taken down, Ryan was interested in the wood, but then his job changed and his time was tight.  I had asked both Glenn and Kris to stop by with a chain saw to get those logs cut up but life is busy.  Just this morning I was thinking of writing a note to Jim to ask him if he would cut up the logs in chunks small enough for me to move, and then there he was in the driveway.  And, he took the wood, even better.

So, finally that job is done!

There is a nasty scar in the yard that needs filled in, but that is easily done.

Yay!


The last Day Lily of 2020.
It was a good year for the lily patch.

My hops are quite sickly this fall, but there are a few cones forming.  I'm always glad to see them.

Be safe.

Let's get the vote out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails