Thursday, August 13, 2020

154 days of Safer at Home

 5 months and 2 days of self quarantine.

I thought the day lilies were done, but then this morning there was a new bloom.  

It was a pleasant surprise.


Looks like a good year for fruit trees.  The Plum Trees at the edge of my woods are loaded up with green plums.  I hope that these will be something to eat when ripe.  
I don't remember seeing so many plums on the branches in years past.

The apple trees are loaded up too.  These look pretty good, but they are loaded with worms.
But they take a nice photo.  I had lots of suggestions on FB to make dried apples, apple cider, pies, applesauce, but I will donate these back to Mother Nature.  She can feed her needy critters.

I drove to Barron today, wow, 8 miles.  I wanted to drop off a couple of bags of cat food.  I had purchased some new dry food for the girls and it made them throw up.  I guess these two lazy cats have sensitive stomachs.  But it wasn't worth messing around with, once I figured out that was the problem with increased vomiting, I quit feeding it and now all is well.  Not that they don't have the occasional hair ball of course.  If you have cats, you get that.  Anyway, I drove over to Barron to the Humane Society.  I rescued Barley and Hops from this chapter of the Human Society.  They are currently closed unless you have an appointment, but they have a donation box, so I dropped off 2 bags of dry food.  Hopefully they can find a home for it.  That was my big outing.  

Whoopee.

Along my drive I did notice a few changes since March.  There is some construction work being done on the house where my friend Janice lived before she died.  New sidewalks and maybe foundation work & some kind of structural work on the front porch.  It's easy to keep an eye on the progress whenever I drive through Cameron as it is right on Main.  I was thinking how much fun Janice and I would have had hashing over the selection of Senator Harris as the Vice Presidential running mate for Biden.  

I do miss her.



I didn't go to a single greenhouse this Spring because of Covid, but this petunia popped up as a volunteer from years gone by.  This little plant has continued to bloom like crazy all summer.  It  makes me smile when I see it growing out of a crack in the driveway.  

I think if Trump wins another 4 years, I might have to continue to self quarantine for 4 more years.

Be safe, get signed up for your absentee ballot early, vote as soon as you can.  Encourage others to vote.

Vote!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails