Friday, August 7, 2020

148 days, 4 months and 26 days, not that I'm counting

 The corn is ripe and across the county road, there is a stand.  They pick every morning.  12 for $6 or $.50 an ear.  It is just so yummy.  I grabbed 6 ears this morning on the way to the post office.

When I got home, I set the bag of corn up on the kitchen counter, turned my back for less than a minute, and Barley was right there, head in the bag, chomping away on the husk.  She is always quick to gobble up any shred of a husk I might drop on the floor when I'm prepping corn.  It is really her deal.  I snapped this quick photo as I was yelling at her to get down.  As you can see, she did not care about my wishes to not have a cat on the kitchen counter.  She was focused on getting some of that husk.  I had to physically remove her from the bag and then put the corn in the refrigerator.  

So far, Barley is not able to open the doors to the fridge.


IF you want to know how to make someone's day, here's one idea.

This is the envelope with thank-you in it from one of the Luck grads that I sent a gift to.



Fired Up Video

Here is a link to a great video / speech by Barack Obama.

Be Safe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails