Monday, August 24, 2020

Memories of Aunt Johanne

 My cousins sent me one of the valances that Aunt Johanne had made using counted cross stitch.  It was long and it took me a little while to figure out where it could be used in this house.  

I ordered a new curtain rod and it arrived today, so then I got busy.  The only curtain rod that I could find that would clear the current wooden valence over the doors to the deck, was double wide.  So, I spent some time un-sewing the curtain rod pocket and then sewed a new one.  The rod went up pretty quickly and the valance is exactly the right length for this set up.

Before
Before, wooden valance came with the house.

Aunt Johanne's counted cross stitch work.




I love seeing her work in my dining room.


I finished up some cloth napkins to go along with the table topper I made for my friend on Maui.  
Off to the post office tomorrow.

Today is 165 days of Covid19 self quarantine.  A few Colorado friends were exposed to the virus through their golfing group, they are getting tested.  It's worrisome, and a reminder that the virus is out there in circulation.  I don't feel like I am 'living in fear' like some folks seem to think I am, but I feel safe sticking with my essential travels only routines.

Peace.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails