Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Ta Da, 160 days

It feels so great to finish a project.
I started this project well before quarantine.  My friend posted a photo of a decorative item she and her bf had brought home from Japan.  Shortly thereafter, I saw a bundle of fat quarters at the grocery store, of all places, and I thought the colors looks like they coordinated.
I decided to sew up a table topper for my friend.
Not long after, she announced that she was engaged to the bf, so then I thought I would send it as an engagement gift.  I had a pattern that I had sewn before, and started cutting and did some sewing.
Then, it got put aside.

Then came Covid & quarantine came and there was plenty of time to sew.
I started back working on this project and I was so shocked to see how big the finished project would be.  I had barely enough fabric and not enough to follow the pattern for layout, I used every bit of fabric that I had and rearranged the blocks to make it all work.


I used a fancy stitch on some of the quilting around the middle hexagon. 
I always like this fancy stitching looks, just a little bit special.


I didn't know what to do for a backing, but found this yardage in my stash.  
I thought the table topper might be kinda, sorta reversible.


A local quilt shop ran a special on these little wooden tags during Covid, I ordered a few.  
A nice finish.

I had just enough scrap to piece together the binding. Almost zero waste.



 Well, here we are at least 6 months later and now they have announced that they are getting married in early September, so I'm just in time to send it as a gift.


This is the inspiration piece, I'm not sure my fabric really does coordinate afterall.
So it goes.

160 days of Safer at Home
Peace
☮☮☮

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails