Sunday, August 30, 2020

What if the Covid-19 virus is the world's pause button

 What if the Covid-19 virus is the world's pause Pressing the “Pause” Button | Isla Pearl button

To bring families closer together, 
to give students exposure to a new style of learning, 
to give student-athletes time for their bodies to heal, 
to give business owners a chance to re-imagine their businesses, 
to give friends time to connect on Zoom, 
to give Mother Earth a chance to clean the air,
to give each of a us a chance to look at what is important,
to give pets the love and attention they crave,
to give readers an excuse to read to their heart's content,
to give gardening a chance to be a loved hobby,
to give us time for writing letters & notes and mailing them,
to give us time to focus on Black Lives Matter and racial injustice,
to remind us that no matter where we live on this planet, or how different we are, when it comes to this virus, we all are in the very same boat. We all want to Isolated Play Button On A White Background, Vector Illustration Royalty  Free Cliparts, Vectors, And Stock Illustration. Image 85684807.


Switching gears, I have been a very lazy email inbox manager for a number of years, and my Gmail inbox had thousands of emails clogging up the works.  I'm pretty good at labeling important emails so that they go into a folder for future reference, (although I probably do a little too much of that) but I have been lax at hitting the delete key.  I have been noodling on how to solve my inbox problem for quite some time and finally just decided to take on 2 actions.  
  1. First, I filed every email that had a folder name attached, 
  2. Second, I deleted every other email.  Poof gone, empty inbox.  
Now, it should be easy to take care of the daily arrivals and keep the inbox empty at the end of each day.  

Back to 'What If', I had started writing this one night when I couldn't sleep, early on in self quarantine sleepless nights.  As I was deleting today, I ran across my notes.  So, I copied, pasted and deleted.

Hops likes to perch; I suppose she has a slightly loftier view of her world from atop the step stool.  
Happy Sunday.🐈
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails