Monday, July 16, 2018

Who does this

On the way to Paul and Maggie's on Sunday, I wanted to drive through the cemetery and give Dad and Ev's plant a jug of water with MiracleGro in it.  Lois was riding with me.  I pulled into the cemetery but to our surprise, someone had taken the pretty red geranium off Dad and Ev's grave.
Who does that?
Seriously, how low can you be to steal flowers off a grave?
It must be something to do that and then enjoy the pretty flowers in your yard knowing they were stolen off a grave.
I sincerely hope Karma is really a you-know-what!
Here's how it looked on Memorial Day weekend.

When I got up Monday morning, I had a plan.
I decided to take a large planter over to the cemetery and start over with a plant.


I'll have to add some colorful plants but at least there is something there again.
I'll re-purpose the stand and a new pot on the grave of my great grandparents next Spring.

 Oh, I added a cement block inside this planter, so if someone wants to steal it,
they will have to muscle it, it won't be as easy as a nice white pot filled with deep red geraniums.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails