Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Reading and a note

Over the last couple of years, 
I've been working with Blaine for an hour each week to improve his reading skills.  
He's a nice man with some special needs.  
I'm always amazed at his knowledge of musical groups, especially the heavy metal bands that were in their prime during 1970s.  He's well versed on the music of Metallica, Kiss, Iron Maiden, and more. He also knows of many other groups and often remembers the names of the bands members and some songs and if a musician died and the cause.
He loves writing letters to the many fan clubs and asking for autographs and photos.
He's also the master of deflection.  He likes it when I search for information on my phone to answer some question about a certain band, but of course, that doesn't help him with his reading.

I enjoy the tutoring with Blaine, probably satisfies some unfinished desire to be a teacher, but I like the summer off.  So, we wrapped up in May and will start meeting again in September.
This week I got a note in the mail from Blaine with a $20 bill enclosed.
I feel awkward about taking the money, but I guess I'll take myself out to lunch on Blaine.
I am guessing Mom helped him with this note, his writing in the workbooks when we work together isn't quite this tidy. 

September will be here before we know it.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails