Friday, July 6, 2018

Finally getting the To Do list whittled down

I've been procrastinating on getting the decks cleaned because I thought my powerwasher was shot.  Finally, I pulled it out on Thursday morning, did the troubleshooting and found it just had a loose fitting.  So, then I got busy.  I power washed the back deck & furniture in the morning, I honestly can't remember doing this last year.
It was quite horrible.  There isn't much sun on this deck so the moss and algae grow and good layer.



I took a break and went to play Bridge for a few hours and then came home and tackled the bigger front deck and that furniture.  I got done with the exception of the last 2 steps and then the power washer would not start after refuel.  I hate engines!  I'm not familiar enough to trouble shoot and fix.  I decided to let it sit overnight, thinking it might have gotten wet as it was kind of in the path of my overspray, but not luck getting it to fire up this morning either.  
Owell, the steps can wait as can the porch.



Got the cushions down from the garage rafters and now the decks are open for business!
The front deck could use a staining, but I think that will a job for next Spring.


After a clean up, I popped a Coors Original and Barley and I took in the back deck.
It was her first visit to the cat condo for this year and she still loves it.
She's on high alert at first, but then she settles in for a relaxing visit.

This afternoon we headed out to the deck again.
Barley doesn't understand that I can't really pet her through the wires of the condo.


Hops joined us for a bit, but this is really Barley's gig.
Hops prefers to be in the house, lounging near the deck screen door where it's quieter and safe.

I ran to Kent's greenhouse today and picked up 6 Rudbeckia plants, Black Eyed Susan.


I'll get those in the ground tomorrow morning as part of my naturalizing project of the ditch so we don't have to mow it.

A couple more things off the list, and a couple of things added to the list...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails