Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Softball

Watching great nieces Charli and Wynni play softball this summer brought back memories of the few years I helped coach girl's fastpitch in Colorado. 
I was remembering the head coach who was very strict and often had the girls, and me, near or in tears. Hot afternoons on the practice fi7eld. Changing out of my work attire Coors Logo clothing into my Hurricanes tshirt while driving to the games. Warming up a pitcher who threw just a little too hard for my comfort level 😯.  Watching the girls have fun and improve. 
Yesterday, starting to tidy up the garage, I noticed a softball and picked it up. It was the end of the season thank you from the girls. 1997, 21 years ago these girls were 9 or 10. I wonder how many of those girls are sitting in the sun watching their own kids play ball now? ⚾

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails