Monday, July 11, 2016

9 years is a lot

On Sunday evening I attended a fun pizza birthday party for great nephew Owen.  Owen met me at the car and gave me a big hug and thanked me for coming.  I asked him if he thought he was getting pretty old, and he said he thought he was.  Nine.
Grandma Lois had made the cake, the number nine was spelled out with little squirt guns, she's really the cake master for her grand kids, always a clever idea or exactly what they request.
Owen lit the candles.




He waited patiently while we sang Happy Birthday

Then the wish! and blow out those candles

Great Uncle Harry, brother Ivan, Aunt Heather, cousin Anders, cousin Ruby, sister Megan, cousin Jens, Owen & Great Aunt Lois were just a few of the party folks.
As always, it was nice to see the family for the evening
and Owen give big hugs to everyone after opening his many gifts.

My drive home quite nice, saw a few deer, 
but all kept their distance from the roadway, 
just the way I like it.

Owen was just a little over 1 when I moved here, he has grown up into such a nice, quiet boy.

Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails