Sunday, May 8, 2016

Spring

I've had a bad head cold all week, so have not really enjoyed some of this unseasonable warm weather that has been hanging around.  
This warm weather has been good for the plants to get a kick start.  
On Saturday, I found that my lone Trillium is blooming again.  
I'm so thankful for this lone beauty, always wishing it would spread; for 8 years only one lone bloom each Spring, I'm probably wishing for something that isn't going to happen.

I assembled a new fountain for the front deck today.
I'm hoping that the birds will make use of this water feature.
It has a remote control with a timer, so I can run it for 1, 2 or 4 hour blocks at the same time each day, and it even has lights for nighttime viewing if I'm on the deck.  A nozzle is included for fancy water works out the top, but I rather like the bird finials instead.
Now to build a flower pot garden around the base.

My Forget Me Nots are blooming, I love these little flowers.

I love these little flowers, nice that they bloom for Mother's Day.

 The wild plums are in flower too.
Such a pretty blossom.

It's nice to see the yard coming back to life.
Life is good, and my cold is much better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails