Friday, May 27, 2016

Forecast

The forecast for the weekend in Wisconsin is rain and maybe some storms worth paying attention too.  We need the moisture so I'm glad for that, but it's never the best deal when it rains over a holiday weekend.  Heading to the cemetery to pay respects in a downpour just doesn't appeal.  I'm glad I got over to Luck with flowers for Dad & Ev's bench last week.
I read that Memorial Day was established to honor those who lost their lives in service to our country, I guess it has also grown to include anyone we have lost from our lives.
And I think that is a good thing.

With the rain and the warm temperatures, my yard is starting to bloom.
Some of the early varieties of peony are really stunning right now.
These delicate flowers won't stand up to a hard rain, but they sure are pretty right now.


Lucky for me, there are many more buds in waiting their turn to bloom.


I'm pleased with my progress to make a Danish Flower Garden by my front door.

Sadly, the daffodils are all done, but the lupine are in bloom and the hops are climbing to the clouds.
I planted Frederikke's flowering beans in the large 'fishtank' to the right, so hopefully they will have a good year and be in a spot where I can enjoy seeing them daily.
I'm forecasting an good summer.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails