Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Pronouncer is better than judge

Well, my first gig as a pronouncer for the spelling bee is in the books.


Fifteen students participated and I think we finished 7 rounds in order to find the champion.



It was fun, I enjoyed doing my part and meeting the judges.
The kids were great and did a good job being brave as the room was full of spectators.

I received a nice gift for my efforts, totally unexpected.

I'm sure the cats are already sizing it up and deciding who will make it theirs.


There was a judging decision that was difficult, 
but as pronouncer I wasn't really part of the final outcome, 
but I still felt sad to see a student exit the bee after the judges made their final decision regarding capitalization.

I went to DQ after the bee to soothe my angst.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails