Friday, February 26, 2016

Herman's Hermits fills The State

Last night, while the Luck boys played and won their last regular season game against Frederic, I was sitting in The State Theater in Eau Claire listening to music that took me back 40+ years.
Peter Noone is still singing with his Hermits 
and put on a show that pleased the nearly packed house of young people my age.


Henry the 8th was a big hit for this group, but his other songs were sweeter and I knew them all.
Silhouettes, Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter, She's a Must to Avoid, I'm Into Something Good, Can't You Hear My Heartbeat, No Milk Today - all songs from the '60s that made me feel nostalgic for those young years of my life.
My seat in the balcony was perfect.

The near capacity crowd loved a version of Ferry 'Cross the Mersey (an old Gary and the Pacemakers song) when Peter changed the river name to the Chippewa.

The crowd was energized and Peter sounded great, 
I much enjoyed this evening of music and memories.

I didn't stick around for an autograph or to buy a CD, but many, many folks did.
I will admit I picked up their greatest hits on Amazon Music and I'll be listening to it soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails