Friday, June 26, 2015

Those amazing colors

I was sitting down to write a bit about the play last night, and realized that writing about a rainbow of colors on this historic day deserves a nod to the Supreme Court's ruling in favor of same sex marriage.  Equal rights, slowly, step by step, the country is changing, finally.



But last night, I enjoyed the coat of many colors on stage.  First, Lora and I met for dinner at The Livery in Eau Claire.  A downtown Eau Claire bar and restaurant that was recommended to me and we enjoyed it.
I knew I liked this place as soon as I saw this sign on the wall.


After dinner, we had tickets for the State Theater to see 
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat 
as performed by the Chippewa Valley Theater Guild.

I had been lucky enough to get the front row box seats, (the best seats in the house in my opinion).

Oh my goodness, the show was awesome, 
from curtain up to curtain down I could feel myself smiling.
The music by Andrew Lloyd Weber is so much fun, 
and the interpretation by this director made for an amusing and delightful show.
Joseph was portrayed by a high school senior and the Narrator role was sung by the choir teacher from one of the local high schools.  Both were just super talents.

Wow man!  I was blown away.

It was fun going with Lora, who loves theater, and the show really was so well done.
The very best thing I have seen since moving to Rice Lake (with the exception of the Broadway cast & WICKED in the Twin Cities).
Very very fun.

Then the SCOTUS came through with the ACA & Gay Marriage rulings.

It feels like life is pretty good.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails