Maybe Anders will be a blogger when he is older.
He seemed to enjoy keeping this list of what we were doing each day.
1. Slept in. Yes, he slept in again, but not quite as long.
2. Watched Daniel Tiger. These PBS cartoons have a message and are not bad, but this morning the exact same episodes were shown as the day before. Those little tunes can start to grate in your brain.
3. Breakfast. Another morning of cold cereal, that is normally what I eat every morning too.
4. Finished car. Anders painted the car on Monday and then let it dry overnight. On Tuesday morning, he put all the stickers on the car. It turned out pretty good.
|Anders with his finished race car.|
6. We went to the farm. The three of us took a drive to Waumandee to visit John and Nettie at Roseholm Farms.
|One of the baby horses and her mom and Nettie|
|Getting some bug spray|
|Walking with Mom|
|Anders really liked this glider. It's an old one & John replaced the wood.|
The frame is steel from an old windmill.
|Pepin, John & Dale talking it over.|
|Uncle Dale and nephew John|
|Another baby horse.|
|This baby had some trouble standing at first, but how it kicks up its heels just fine.|
|Pepin, John, Anders, Dale and Nettie and the horses|
|This is the hay bunker. Interesting how farming has changed.|
|In the maternity shed we saw a calf that had been born that morning. Pepin was interested.|
|Uncle Dale and Anders in the milking parlor.|
Anders was still feeling okay here.
|This one was done milking and waiting for the release.|
|This big girl was giving us the eye.|
|One of Anders favorites at the farm, the calves.|
|But he kept his eye on the calf, just to be sure.|
|Dale enjoyed getting a look at the farm and hearing about changes John has made.|
|Cell phones are part of farming of course.|
Pepin doesn't want to be too far from his Dad.
|Anders walked all around the calf pens and counted them.|
52 plus the one in the maternity shed, for a total of 53.
|Examining the bleeding heart.|
There were kittens everywhere. Some were very young, and some a little older with open eyes.
|There were kittens under that bush and Anders was keeping and eye on them.|
7. We went for ice cream - On the way to take Dale back to Winona, we stopped at the Waumandee IGA store and had an ice cream cone. We sat on the bench out front and ate our ice cream.
8. Went to T-ball- This time T-ball practice was at the field near the marina. It was a pretty spot to sit and watch the kids. I had a nice visit with Claire, we read a couple of books. Claire is the younger sister of Anders' best friend Will.
|Anders in the blaze orange shorts, he is a fast runner.|
|I could see the bluff from my lawn chair.|
|Getting ready to field the ball.|
9. Went home - At home, Dad was mowing the grass. Anders and I hung out watching him while supper was cooking. It was breezy and I said, "next time I'll bring a baseball cap", Anders went and found me a cap to wear, so we took a selfie.
|Sitting on the front steps|
It was a great visit. On Wednesday, Anders and I drove to Grantsburg so he can spend a few days with his Grandpa Larry and Grandma Lulu. We stopped for lunch in Baldwin on the way.
Anders is a quiet car rider. He likes to have the radio on and I could hear him singing or humming, but he didn't have too much to say. At lunch, he liked seeing the toy in his Happy Meal, but didn't really have too much to talk about.
I delivered him to Grandpa Larry and I headed for home.
It was a full day of driving and I was happy to be back to Home Sweet Home.
Life is Good.