Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Big Day

Maybe you saw the movie, The Big Day, where crazy bird watchers raced around the world trying to see the most variety of birds on record in a year's time.  
I don't usually track the birds I see, but yesterday, I started a list.

It was crazy at the bird feeders, get this:  goldfinch, indigo bunting, orioles, cardinal, downy woodpecker, rose breasted grosbeak, common grackle, chickadee, hummingbird, house sparrow, chipping sparrow, yellow rumped warbler, nuthatch, robins, white throated sparrows, mourning doves.  The day before I had a scarlet Tananger.  
Lots of migration going on.  
Here are a few snaps of my visitors

Scarlet Tanager

Female Oriole

Gray Catbird, even with his 'whiskers'

Catbird in the jelly bowl

Catbird

Indigo Bunting

Oriole missing her tail feathers, yikes!

Robin, letting me know I was on his turf.

Rose Breasted Grosbeak

Rump of Yellow Rumped Warbler

Yellow Rumped Warbler
Late this afternoon, I saw this Orchard Oriole, first time ever for me!

Crazy fun "Big Day" but in didn't get much done yesterday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails