Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Fever

I got anxious to get some seeds going in the house while the snow was deep, now that the snow has all but melted, I'm anxious to get some seeds in the ground too.   The little seedlings are not quite ready for prime time though.
Looks like the sunflowers are off to a good start.
I can't remember what the seeds are to the right, a few have sprouted though.
Red poppies are off to a fast start, it won't be too long before I'll have to move these to a bigger pot.
I don't usually buy these kits that come with the tiniest pot you've ever seen, but my Spring Fever influenced me to spend a $1 at Target.  Looks like it might pay off.

No action here yet.
I tried planting pansies, I am guessing I'll be buying bedding plants.
I love Chinese Lantern plants, but so far, no sprouts.
I'm having a successful start to some multi colored poppies that Lois gave me.
I started these according to Florence Skow's rule of planting on St. Patrick's Day.
I'll need to split them pretty soon.
My lavendar on the Left hasn't done anything, pretty disappointing, but the cherry tomatoes are coming along.
This Lavendar has a couple of plants starting, this won't exactly fill my raised bed and start my field of lavender.
I might need the greenhouse to help me with this plan.
One thing I have plenty of at my house here in RL is Asian Beetles.
These ladybug impostors survived the entire winter in the house and as Spring got closer, their numbers were mounting.
Today I vacuumed up a zillion of dead and living bugs from window sills and other nooks and crannies.
I just hate having to co-exist with these pests and they tend to be rude about where they land...coffee cup, pop can, and other places that they are not welcome.

But, it's all part of the deal I guess,
Spring is good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails