Saturday, April 26, 2014

Spring brings it on

Starting to see Spring in my yard.  
The peony roots I planted last year are breaking through the soil.  The tiger lily bushes, so hardy and reliable, are up a few inches, daffodils are showing a lot of yellow through the bloom cover and I think they will open within the week.  
On the downside, a Chickadee has fallen in love with the picture window in the living room, which drives the cats insane, so that shade will have to be down until the urge passes for that poor bird.

I planted some seeds on about March 17th, and today had to split some of those pots as the plants are doing quite well.  Nothing fancy, just a plain split today and down the road a bit I'll try to isolate some individual plants to promote some larger seedlings.
Cherry tomatoes and poppies are the most vigorous of my plantings.


Some pots are doing nothing, I'll soon give up on those.

I still have high hopes for the pansy pots and chinese lantern seeds,
I started those a couple of weeks later.
Now it is time for a trip to Iowa to celebrate with Dad.
Life is good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails