Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March ends, but I'm not sure about winter

I woke up on the last morning of March to the song of robins in the yard.  
A large flock of robins had moved in and were busy snacking on the Mountain Ash berries. 





Of course, there is the Johansen Family First Robin Rule,
so lunch was a DQ cone, on my way to Luck.

Other new birds in the yard were the Cedar Waxwing
 and the Yellow Bellied Sapsucker.

I was headed to Luck for the day, and when I got to Gus & Lois's, we noticed a flock of robins in the backyard.  Jens was there with Grandma, and he was excited to see all those birds.


Jens has gone from quiet little boy who hardly speaks, to talking non stop.
He thought he was quite funny when I arrived and he opened the front door, poked his head out and called my name "Wanna" and then slammed the door.
He also thought he was quite funny when he found Grandma's rubber gloves.
Is there a super hero with blue hands?

After lots of conversation and silliness, Jens settled down in front of a movie, 
but it didn't take long before he zonked out.


Lois and I had a good visit as we decommissioned their old desk top computer.
She's been busy rearranging her kitchen cabinets and found these spices which were Florence's.
These are keepers. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails