Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It means Praise; Thanks

Naming a baby must be a difficult job.  The responsibility of giving a being the name he or she will be called for life seems daunting to me.  I have 25 great nephews and nieces now and each of these children have been given names that are, without fail, the perfect choice.

Our latest Johansen baby is one of those.  
Jude William Irving, born on April 3, 2014 
is the 6th child in the Kyle & Heather branch of our family tree.  
The note I received from Jude's father, Kyle, explains this baby's name:


After remembering the journey of our final child - possible miscarriage, Heather's odd liver condition, being the wrong direction twice, etc. - we give both praise and thanks for his arrival.  For that reason, we announce Jude William Irving Johansen. Jude means "praise" or "thanks", and his middle names come from his 2 oldest brothers. Thanks for all your prayers and support. Kyle and Heather

Biggest brothers, Jack & Gage, share a middle name with Jude, a thoughtful family tie.

On Monday, I had my first visit with baby Jude and what a sweet baby he is.
He slept the entire time I was there, with the exceptions of a few whimpers, which probably meant it was time for him to eat.
A few photos of Jude William Irving, our latest well named babe.
Nothing really says angel more than a sleeping baby.

He wasn't too pleased when I used my flash, but he didn't cry.

Ahhhh

A little fuss, but that just gave me a good reason to pick him up and cuddle him.

He has a little conjunctivitis, but otherwise, a healthy baby boy.

I brought him this little lamb and big brother Jens gently placed it near Jude.

A stretch

A "let me sleep" kind of scowl
Like I said, Jude is the 25th great nephew / niece for me.
He's a keeper.
Life is Good.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is SO SO SO precious! You truly are a blessed woman with so many loving family members nearby and an abundance of greats. Congratulations to the family and Great Aunt Wanda!

Carrie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails