Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Day 11

It's rainy,  I might clean house,  I might not.  
I started The Sun Also Rises by Hemmingway.  

I have been drinking Yogi tea ever since visiting my cousins Ron & Cathlee in Washington about 4 years ago.  Right now I'm drinking the Immune Support flavor,  but I love the Ginger flavor a lot.

This was my inspirational tea tag from this morning. 
I added my comment to make it real time.

888

Later in the day......yeah, I did not clean house.
I did ride my exercise bike, at 30 minutes at a time, I'm getting through the movie Yeh Ballet! very slowly, but that's okay.

I decided to make soup today.
I found a package of Louie's Finest Meats bratwurst in the freezer.  These were custom brats made for my piano teacher who has an orchard, so there were apples in the brats.
I took the casings off to use the meat for soup.
I had some onions and carrots so chunked those up and added to the meat.


Last night when I baked a frozen pizza, I also roasted a head of cabbage.
Today, I chunked that up and added it my soup pot.


Next, I added some canned black bean & Rotel spicy tomatoes.

I added some cayenne pepper, cumin and Mexican seasoning.

Then I put the lid on the Instant Pot and hit the soup button.

I see there are some tortillas in the refrigerator, so I think I have several days of yummy soup/stew with tortilla for bread.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

My soup was good, too bad I wasted the cabbage this way, I should have just eaten that separately, it got lost in the soup.  Potatoes would have been better.
  Live and learn.

888

A couple of things I had not considered until this all started.

  • The toilet paper thing really caught me by surprise, but I remember when I first retired, I was very surprised how much toilet paper I used, staying home changes household supply & demand.
  • Today the trash company called and said that they are experiencing high volumes of trash, mine has stayed the same, but again, being home full time does impact the supply & demand for a household.
  • The dishwasher has to be run more often too, I didn't realize how often I was eating out the house, or how often I was eating food that did not need to cooked?  I have not really analyzed the cause and effect, but the dishwasher is full more often, so there ya go.


Ha' det godt
Wanda ☮

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails