Monday, March 23, 2020

#9, Covid-19 saga

This morning the driveway was white with snow.  It had stopped snowing by the time I got up.  

I'm on some weird sleep or no-sleep, schedule now.  Going to bed about 10:30pm, then I'm watching an episode (or two) of Bosch on Amazon Prime TV; then if I'm not yet sleepy, I watch an episode of The Repair Shop on Netflix.  This is my favorite show of all time.  I am going to be very sad if there are really only 2 seasons.  Anyway, then if I'm still awake, I listen to a podcast about anything other than the virus.  My go-to has been a The West Wing Weekly, where episodes of The West Wing TV series are reviewed.  As you can tell, I'm not sleeping well.  Then I'm getting up about 6am, feed the cats, eat a bowl of cereal and go back to bed until whenever.  I've been re-rising about 9:30am.  It's not a great pattern, but I've decided to just let it be what it is.

Anyway, because of the snow, my driveway chalk graffiti is nearly washed away, but through the magic of Amazon, today I got some cans of Spray Chalk, so as soon as the weather is reliable, I'm going to start Chalk the Walk messages again.

When I went down for the mail today, I noticed some shoots have broken through in the garden by the front door.  These are daffodils and their sunny faces will sure be a welcome sight, of course, that's still a few weeks off.

I also got a handwritten letter in the mail today.  It was not from anyone I knew, but it was mail.
Everybody has to do something I guess.

Our Governor announced a Stay At Home order today.  
I'm not sure how that affects me much other than a few more businesses will have to close.  
I'm already staying home and will plan to leave the house for grocery once per week and also one take out dinner per week, as long as I feel it is safe. 
Whatever it takes to stop the spread of this virus, it has to be done. 
The consequences are too scary to face.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails