Sunday, December 10, 2017

Stuff that happens

When I retired from Coors, I was promised health insurance until I turned 65 and knew that then I would have to transition to Medicare for my health care.  This seemed like it was so faarrr awwwaay, but guess what, it has happened!  On December 1st, I became the proud owner of Medicare card.  Coors sent me a nice registered letter greeting to be sure I knew they were kindly showing me the door and after much research, I found a the medicare option that I hope will work well for me.
Next week is my Welcome to Medicare exam with my doctor.
Ah, well, time flies as they say.
Just 16 more days and then, 
 2017
-1952
     65
Uffda!
***
When I get to the gym for a basketball game, I always look to see where the designated 'visitor' section is so I can sit with other fans from my home team.
Last Friday night was my first visit to the new Unity gymnasium.
I wanted to set across from our bench so that most of my photos would have our kids & fans in the background, so opted to sit in the "Visitor Student" section.

But, the Unity fans evidently are not aware of these postings.
Before long, I was sitting with all fans of the opponents.
This is not such a big deal, but why don't they want to sit behind or across from their own team?
This has happened a number of times to me, I'm usually early to the gym, so don't have a chance to scope out where the 'enemy' is sitting.
One time, at a tournament game, I even got a little mouthy with a fan from anther team.
Janice, my cohort in basketball crime, might have nudged me on a little and by the end of the game, I wasn't exactly a charming representative of the Luck Cardinals community.
I behaved better on Friday night, but did manage to make one snide remark to one of the Unity Fans.
Such drama....

***

Most schools run a 50/50 raffle at the basketball games.
Half the money goes to some school related need and the other half goes home in the pocket of the lucky winner.  Many fans, both home and visitors, participate in this fundraiser each game.
On Friday night, when they called the name of the lucky winner of the 50/50, 
it was none other than Jude Johansen.
As you can see, he was completely pumped to run across the court and accept his fistful of winnings.

That's a happy little boy.

For added fun, Aunt Lois bought some bean bags and then had Kyle toss it for her.
So, when her name was called as the big winner, it was cute.

Two Lois's in our family.
One is my sister in law, who was Lois Skow before she married Gus and became Lois Johansen.
The other, Lois is married to Lois Johansen's brother, Larry Skow, so she is now Lois Skow.
It can be very confusing.
Lois Skow and I are great aunts to all the Johansen & Chivers kids, so I just call her Aunt Lois.
Lois Johansen is grandma LoJo to the Johansen & Chivers kids.
Anyway, something that is not confusing
 is the fun that Jude had gathering up the bean bags after the toss.



He make me happy.
After the disappointing loss, I stopped over at Kyle & Heather's house for a little afterglow before driving home in the snow.
It's kind of nice to let everyone else get off the road, that way I can take my time and enjoy the drive.
Jude was busy playing with some 'guys' and I sat next to him and talked him into this selfie.

I love spending time with this sweet boy.
So, when I get shook up about people sitting in the wrong seats, 
health care costs that are what they are
or other minor infractions that cause angst,
I just need a little time with Jude's Joy.

Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails