Saturday, December 2, 2017

Music of the season

Friday night was the concert of the Luck Area String Ensemble.
Great niece Milena has been playing the violin for a number of years now, I'll guess it is about 5.
After Dad died, we had his violin refurbished and since then, she has been making music on Dad's 100 year old violin.  It's always emotional for me to see her play and I know how much it thrilled Dad that she was taking lessons, if only he could see her play his old violin.

This concert was Christmas music.  The variety of serious and playful made for a wonderful concert.
My personal favorite was Carol of the Bells.
Strings really make that song.


 I snapped a few photos of Milena as she was waiting for the conductor to take the podium.





After the show, Great Aunt Lois and I talked Milena into a photo with us.
 Dad was probably with us in spirit, I know my holiday spirit got a boost just listening to Milena and the rest of the string players as they played their concert.

I'm already looking forward to the next time I get to hear them play.

Spring will be here before we know it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails